CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ribs and Beer Cheese Soup

Last weekend I made some quite tasty beer cheese soup from a recipe out of a Maine cookbook. It was delicious. Not quite as good as The Grainary made it in Fargo, but since that restaurant is no more, this will have to do. I should have made popcorn to go with it, that was my favorite way to eat it. Last night I warmed up the leftovers for our appetizer soup. It was still yummy.

I baked some spare ribs on Sunday, with plans to eat them that day. But, I didn't feel well and we ate leftovers instead...fun SuperBowl menu, I know. But I baked the ribs by heating the oven to 500 and dousing the ribs in lemon juice and salt and pepper. When I put them in the oven, I turned the temperature down to 300 and let them bake for about 2 hours (I only prepared half a rack). Last night I mixed some bottled barbeque sauce (the kind with NO high fructose corn syrup which I believe is evil) with some chopped onion and jalepeno. I put my new grill pan on high, seared the ribs, added the sauce and cooked it all up. It was so good. I am not the biggest rib fan, but they are good the way I make them. We had a salad with pears, pecans and blue cheese dressing along side. All in all, a pretty good dinner which only took about 20 minutes to put together. Impressive. Roger and I prepared dinner together, which is my FAVORITE way to make dinner, with love!

I'm roasting veggies today to make an Italian dinner. I hope it works out. I have eggplant...yeah!

0 comments: